Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tuesday, June 9 Recap – It's been a hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog…

I’ll make this short since the pictures tell a better story than me.

We worked 14 hours today trying to accomplish as much as we could. We moved a lot of dirt as we continued on the parking lot expansion. Each of our group took turns on the heavy equipment, some more successfully than others (see pictures if you don’t know what I mean). Donna and Dawnena painted all day and I have to honest with you, I wouldn’t have traded all the dust, sweat, or sun I endured for their paintbrushes. I hate painting, but they painted all day long with no complaints. Worley Crowe finished the shelving and we started on the deck.

I will mention two special people we spent time with today, Doug Barrette and Ava Rodriguez. We met Doug at church Sunday at Christ Community Church and he offered to fix us lunch Tuesday, Ava is his neighbor. They came yesterday and fixed a wonderful meal for us consisting of a variety of local fish. They grilled it all and served it along with slaw, bread, corn, and drinks. The meal was delightful, but even more special was meeting and getting to know two new friends who took time out of their day to share a meal and their fellowship with a bunch of dirty, sweaty Tennesseans. God has truly blessed us this week.

That’s all for now, but look for pictures as we begin our final 24 hours in Alaska.

Yours in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment